Friday, September 30, 2011

One more week.



One more week (maybe). I really don't know how it's already week 39. It's so crazy how fast it really goes. I remember the day I told Jeff we were having a baby like it was a week ago. Before I know it, I'll be saying how fast her 1 year birthday went by. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm ready. Are you ever really ready? I mean, I enjoyed being pregnant. So far, up 'till now I've really had a great pregnancy. But, I have no idea what it's really going to be like with her here. I keep imagining it...but I'm sure I'm waaaay off...hahaha. I think we're ready. Her room is ready. Our bags are packed. Mini baby girl clothes are washed...

Last week at my Dr.'s appointment she said I'm about 80% effaced, and still not really dilated...only about a half a cm. I guess that's good progress? She keeps asking me how many contractions I'm having. I seriously to this day can't tell you if I've had one. I probably have and just had no idea that it was one. The women that were in our Childbirth 101 class described is as a spider web feeling in your abdomen. Uh... I definitely have not felt anything like that so I have no clue! Hopefully I'll be able to tell I'm in labor when the time comes. I asked her at our last appt. how big she thinks she's going to be...everyone tells me I look so tiny. She said it's hard to really tell, but from the way I'm measuring she's guessing about 7-7.5 pounds.

So for now we're just continuing to wait for her to make her entrance. I'm trying to keep busy. Last week I finished her butterfly mobile. It came out so much better than I thought it would (I'll post pics soon of her nursery). Going to the movies 'cause I doubt we'll be going anytime soon (btw we saw Moneyball...Jeff's loves baseball so I said I'd go with him—plus it has Brad Pitt in it...c'mon. It was actually really good!). It's crazy to think we're gonna have a little baby here in a week! (or two... :)

1 comment: